Wednesday 14 May 2014

Development of Self Branding Pack

Promotional Pack.
I want to create a pack that I can send out to studios and designers so that I can try and get placements or a job in the future. I think that the pack would include a letter head, envelope, creative CV, mini portfolio and a business card. I want to keep the pack simple, and the right scale so that they can fit through letter boxes. Although I think this would be a good idea, I think I would only use it on certain studios as each studio will react to different things. For example if I were trying to get a placement at imeus with Anthony Peters, I would send a pack with a screen printed poster in it rather than everything else, and a business card of corse.

Letterhead.
As I have already created my avatar and logo, I think that making the branding

Creative CV.
A CV is very important thing to send in a promotional pack, and I want it to reflect my personality and the design I am interested in.
I have drawn around all of the icons for the software I can use. After looking into creative CV's I found that some people put how good they are as a percentage on each of the pieces of software. But I don't want to tell future employees or someone I am trying to work for that I'm not very good at Photoshop but I know basic skills.
I also wanted to include the strengths that I have, so I decided that the best form for them would be small vector illustrations.
Putting a description by the side balances out the illustrations and explains what they actually mean.


When putting together my creative CV, I experimented with colour and layout, looking at how it would look if some bits were highlighted with pink. Although I found that they all look horrible and I should definitely not use them, I think I got a bit over excited with the pink.

I decided that I would include my avatar on my creative CV, as it's nice for the audience to see what kind of work I like to produce, also they can see who they will be working with potentially.

Business cards.
I put my avatar on my business cards for the same reason. I think that it is nice for a client or anyone who wants to have one of my busienss cards to see what I will look like. It will put a face to a name. I also think that it will show them the kind of work I like to design.

I stuck to the colour scheme throughout the designing of all of my pack.

I decided to add the colour to the back of the business card as well as the front. I think that this looks more aesthetically pleasing and consistent with the rest of my branding.

I wanted to include only the necessary information on my business cards as I didn't want them to be too cluttered.
I have considered printing double sided onto the business cards, but I think that I am going to duplex them by putting a sheet of pink card through the middle, this will give a good effect. It will also make the business cards thicker and more sturdy.

Invoice.

I will need an invoice, although if I was mailing this out to studios I wouldn't be including an invoice in the pack with prices on as I think that that is a bit forward. For the design of my invoices I just used the same layout as my letter head and creative CV, then researched what invoices would look like to find out the information I needed to include on it.

Envelope.

I will need an envelope for my pack so that the letter head will go inside it. I decided to put my address on the front just to show an example of what it would look like.

CD Case.
The reason why I have produced a CD cover is so that I could put it in my pack if I had any pdf's or hopefully in the future after effects files, as this is a software I am really interested in learning. Although for hand in I will be putting my proposed website on it, just to show how it would work.


Net for File.
I thought about having just a plain pink file, but due to lack of time I found it hard to colour match the ink to a stock, therefore I thought to keep it all consistent I would print out the net for the file on the stock that I am already using to make sure that it is the same colour.

Final Self Branding Pack.
Pack
Inside Pack
Letterhead
Invoice
Creative CV
Envelope
CD Cover
Mini Portfolio
Business Cards
All A4 Letters
Evaluation.
When I printed my self branding pack I really didn't like it and thought that the colours were too much, although after putting the pack together, I think that it works well. The pink ninja is something that is light hearted just like I am, not to serious and quite fun. Pink is a colour I love, it is also quite a vibrant colour which means that it will be noticed and will stick in peoples heads. I think as I develop as a designer I want to pick up the name, 'The Pink Ninja' but as of right now I don't think that I can pull it off, or have the portfolio to back it. This is something that I can hopefully achieve by the third year.

In respect to sending out my promotional pack, I don't think I will actually send it out this summer unless I amend it. Because of the time limit I rushed it a bit and I don't think it's my best work. I also think that it might not always be appropriate to send this pack as different studios will react to different things. I think each studio, depending on what kind of studio and how much I want it, will have their own personal touch. If I were to do this brief again I would have tried to produce something that the studios would want to keep, use and interact with.

No comments:

Post a Comment