We were put into groups for our crits, which is good as it meant that we would get different opinions than those of our friends and people we may usually show our work to. My group was very ranged which was also good and having the crit meant that I was able to see the work others have been producing that I wouldn't have seen before this point. Our group was quite big and we found that we couldn't hear the other side of the table, therefore we decided to split the group into two. We also decided as a group that we would give verbal feedback for the crit rather than writing anything down for others. The crit was very informal and between our group there was a wide range of quantity of work, as it was clear some people had produced quite a lot of work so far and others has produced hardly anything for the amount of time we have had.
What I took to the crit.
- Could create a series of screen prints and sell them, including all of the monsters, also some larger versions of a few of the monsters.
- Create a publication including all of the monsters.
- Top trumps and give each of the monsters different powers and strengths, this could be related to children or even childish adults.
- A campaign for people to be creative and take the "100 Days Of" challenge.
- Could tie the monsters to the brand 'monster' energy drink and create promotion for them.
- The two colour screen prints work really well and look good as a set.
- Send some of my prints and some of the monsters I have done to The hungry Sandwich Club.
What I took to the crit.
- Definitely use the illustrations zoomed in as they are more interesting, they also clear about what film they are without seeing too much detail. This would only work though with iconic scenes.
- Love the colour scheme, works really well for Tarantino.
- Consider the stock I am going to use.
- Consider the packaging for the actual box set and the material used.
- Maybe have the name of the film on the spine of each film so that they are clear when they are all in the box set and you know which one you are going to pull out.
After the crit I decided to go back to the other half of the group to see the work they have been doing as our group finished slightly early. I think that this crit has been really useful as I got some feedback and was able to see other peoples work. Although the crit went quite quickly, and the feedback was all verbal and quite informal it was helpful. It was most helpful seeing what everyone else has been doing so far, I was able to see how much people have done and the range of the work that has been done. I was also able to see how little some people have done, and in some cases how much people have done which gives me more of a drive to do more.