Friday 24 January 2014

Final Crit - The Body Shop

Final Body Shop Crit.
I went into this crit with three of my four posters finished and without my social campaign or interactive. The deadline for this brief isn't for a while yet and although I would have liked to have finished my Body Shop brief by now, I needed a crit on what I had done to this point so that I could move forward. I think that changing the audience of The Body Shop brief is risky and the method of advertising the products is also pushing it. I want to see the opinions of my peers, so I can move on or change my idea.

Design Boards.
The Feedback.
Comment on the effectiveness of the product/proposal in relation to the original brief.
Strengths.
You have changed the brief but made it different - unique - it makes much more of an impact being aimed at men. Humour is also a great addition.
Suggestions.
-

Comment on the appropriateness to the response to the identified target audience and/or context.
Strengths.
As you have said humour works well for the male audience.
Suggestions.
The coconut image would appeal to men more than the others. Perhaps make the eye and lips more 'seductive' to really catch males attention. Pink colour initially looks like it is aimed at women, obviously there will be women influences but not sure males will notice/pay attention to this.

Comment on the visual quality of the final resolution.
Strengths.
Brown and other muted colours work well for body shop, look natural but still bold, lots of impact.
Suggestions.
Is the font Bebas? Not sure if this is a commercial font. If not you could experiment with a more organic font, less bold. Could use different layouts for different products.

Comment on the quality of the presentation of the product/proposal.
Strengths.
Boards are really good as they show your development and thoughts rather than just finals.
Suggestions.
Print out some large scale versions of posters, experiment with stock. Board quality could be improved.

General comment on work presented.
Keep pushing the concept. It it a really interesting ideas but I think it could go further.

What I took from the crit.
I have taken a lot from this crit, I think that I should change the illustrations to make them more seductive, I was holding back, thinking that it might be too much, but from this feedback I have found that its not enough. Th comment about the colour pink, and that men won't connect with it, I think that they will as it is a skin colour with a pair of lips on it, which will make them think of a women's face. All of the feedback I have received form this crit has been very helpful and I will take it all on board. I especially appreciate the comment about the typeface 'Bebas' as I completely forgot to check and see if it was a commercial typeface, and I have found that it isn't. Therefore this is something that I will change about my posters.

No comments:

Post a Comment