Friday 26 April 2013

Speaking From Experience Final Crit

The crit;
This was the last opportunity to find out what my peers thought of my designs and ideas, I got the opportunity to ask the questions that I wanted to. I went into this crit mainly to decide on whether I should create a desk tidy to do into my kit, also which stock I should use.

The Questions I asked;
Which stock do you prefer?
Should I include more information or stick with simple images?
Desk tidy or no desk tidy?
What would work best with a poster?
Should my poster be screen printed or stick to digital print?


My Feedback;
  • Definitely prefer the lighter green and beige backgrounds stock colours - the blue is too dark
  • No desk tidy, don't think it would add to the kit.
  • If the illustrations are as good as the pug drawing then it might be nice sticking to the slogan and image format and making a large poster series for them.
  • Pearl grey stock
  • No desk tidy
  • The illustrations are really effective as they are now, if information was going to be added it should only be a small amount.
  • Pug illustration would be a really engaging if it was screen printed.
  • Consider using lighter stock so the image and text is more clear.
  • try the desk tidy at the end if you have time.
  • Consider a thick stock if the booklet isn't going to be that thick.
  • Definitely use the lighter stock to create more impact on the illustrations. 
  • Desk tidy may not be very effective.
  • Experiment with content for on the back of the pages, the publication will become more readable.
  • I like the idea of the blogs listed too.

What I took from this crit;
  • I have decided that it would be better if I use the lighter stock, and maybe include another coloured stock for the front and back cover.
  • Don't put the desk tidy in if people don't think that it will be very effective, it might be a waste of time.
  • Definitely try doing some screen printing, try using the pug.
  • Keep my publication simple, simple designs and simple text.

No comments:

Post a Comment